MasterSkill, an American publisher, is looking for writers and illustrators to develop its new set of readers. The readers will be submitted to the Education Department for inclusion in the National Foundation Phase Catalogue but will also be marketed to the book trade.
Writers are invited to submit stories as follows:
· Gr R readers (8 pages each, including a title page)
· Gr 1 readers (16 pages each, including a title page)
· Gr 2 readers (24 pages each, including a title page)
· Gr 3 readers (32 pages each, including a title page)
All stories must include artwork briefs.
Due date: 30 November 2008.
Email to: email@example.com
· R2000 per reader, payable on invoice after the manuscript and a/w brief has been handed over, and
· 5% royalty per reader
· 10% royalty – no fees
Illustrators are invited to send portfolios / examples of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. (Illustrators who can work under pressure during November and December can also apply to work on the Foundation Phase Learner’s Book.)
For the Readers, Illustrators will be paid R150 per page plus 2% royalty.
This is not a reading scheme. Each reader will stand on its own. The story should make learners want to read.