It’s Book Fair time! We would like to invite you to display your books and artwork at the
- 15 Books per person. These books should be DIFFERENT publications and not copies of the same publication.
- The books you display do not have to be recent publications. Display your best work
- We will also have a work in process section where you could display:
- Picture book dummies
- A synopsis on a chapter of your manuscript (One A 4 page). These pages should be in a:
- plastic sleeve folder
- ring binder
- Please include a CV (Two A 4 pages). The CV must be mounted on cardboard. The CV should have:
- List of your publications
- Boards will be displayed in a V shaped poster holder. Visitors will page through them
- Please follow the instructions:
- Use two sheets of Tripex board(620 grams and 1020x770mm) and Acetate 17 microns (762 width). ( Both these products are available at Deckle Edge).
- Cut 4 mounting boards (50x70 cm) (Two to be used for backing and two for windows) (DISPLAYS OF A DIFFERENT SIZE WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED AT THE BOOK FAIR)
- Cut window mounts. (leave 2-3 cm breathing space and 3 cm between each illustration)
- Cover each illustration with acetate (Before positioning in mirror)
- Illustrations should be displayed on one side only
- Illustrations should be secure
- Add a list of illustrations on display (add to CV)
- MAXIMUM OF TWO BOARDS ARE ALLOWED PER ILLUSTRATOR.
- You can have more that one illustration on a board. You can display published and unpublished work (Only illustrations suitable for children’s books)
- Displays should be neat and well prepared
- NO information of any company or organisation can be displayed
- Every book or artwork should be clearly marked with your name and contact details. The Society shall not be held responsible for any loss of material.
- Please include a CV (Two A 4 pages). The CV must be mounted on cardboard or attached to your artwork. The CV should include:
- Personal information
- List of your publications
- All material must have reached us by NO LATER than Wednesday 10th of June 2009. The material should be posted or delivered to:
- You can deliver your books or artwork at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC: 1 Lower Long Street
8000) on Friday 12 June between 10h00-14h00. NO late deliveries will be displayed. Cape Town
- If you wish to attend the Book Fair on 13-16
Juneyou have to register as a Trade Visitor (www.capetownbookfair.com).
- Please arrange for your books or art works to be collected on Tuesday 16 June 2009 (16h00-18h00). Please arrange with
Celesteif you have a problem collecting your work.
- If you could assist us at the stand on any of the above days please contact
Celeste. We would appreciate your time and effort.
- If you have any questions please contact us for more information:
083 708 4917 (office hours) / firstname.lastname@example.org Celeste Slabber-Loriston
We are looking forward seeing you at the Book Fair for 2009!